What is GHANI?
GHANI is a machine being used in India since last 4000 years to extract oil from sesame at very low temperature. It was driven by bullocks. The historians have found out that even in 2000 BC, mortar and pestle of GHANI were made of stone and granite and such GHANIs were used in India for extraction of oil from sesame. Later on it was made of wood.
Half million GHANIs were in operation throughout India even upto 1955. But with the advent of oil expeller technology, almost all GHANIs were closed down. But still some GHANIs are running which are now made of iron and steel and it is driven by 2 HP motor.
TINYTECH GHANI machine is the most scientific and most modern piece of technology. Entire GHANI is a compact machine accommodated on 600mm x 600mm base frame. 2 HP electric motor drives vertical mortar revolving at 12 RPM through reduction gear box. Pestle and mortar are so much robust that practically there is no maintenance. Pressure increasing device is through heavy spring and screw. Shiping dimensions are 30" x 36" x 48" (750mm x 900mm x 1200mm).
What is SANI?
SANI is the most nutritious and most delicious sweet product made of sesame and jaggery. SANI is made in GHANI machine. Though SANI is made of sesame and jaggery, it is not only mixture of sesame and jaggery. It is far more than that. Sesame is crushed into the GHANI and when oil is liberated from the cells of the sesame seeds and actual flow of oil is seen, jaggery is added and then it is thoroughly mixed with oily sesame in the GHANI machine. Then pasty crystaline sweet product called SANI becomes ready. It gives very good desirable flavour. So SANI is composed of sesame, its oil and jaggery. Though it is not cooked on fire, it is just like cooked product. Freshly prepared SANI is very much tasty and delicious and extremely nutritious. It is so much marvellous product that Europe and America have still not found any product equivalent to SANI in taste in nutrition and its qualities.
How to prepare SANI?
6 kg. of sesame seeds are crushed in to GHANI. It is very gradual process of grinding the seeds. After about 8 to 10 minutes, water upto 8% of the weight of sesame is sprinkled. i.e. about 700 ml. of water is added in to the sesame being crushed. Then after 3 to 4 minutes oil will be liberated from the sesame seeds and soon it will start flowing from the top of the cone where pestle is pressing the seeds. When such clear flow of oil is seen, 6 kg. of jaggery is added in to the GHANI. Then GHANI is allowed to run for about 5 to 7 minutes until sesame and jaggery is thoroughly mixed. Then 15 kg. of SANI will be ready. Then it is taken out. Total cycle time will be about 20 to 22 minutes. Thus 300 kg. to 350 kg. SANI can be prepared in 8 hours.
Advantages of SANI
1. SANI is the most nutritious product for children, to youth persons and also to old people.
2. SANI is sweet, tasty and delicious product. So everybody can enjoy eating of SANI.
3. SANI is best suited for removing mal nutrition from poor countries.
4. SANI is blessing to the refugee camps as one GHANI can make SANI for 2 to 3 thousand people in 8 hours without cooking.
5. SANI can improve the health of the society and can make the body stronger.
6. SANI is the blessing to the poor people because it is very cheap. One person can eat 100 to 150 gms of SANI which costs 10 to 15 US cents.
7. SANI eating can improve the eye sight.
8. Regular eating of SANI by any society will make the society free of disease.