|Why TinyTech Maize Mill?||Technical Details|
SOCIO ECONOMICAL EVALUATION OF TINY MAIZE MILL
Tiny maize mill is a blessing to the millions of common masses. It is very strong but peaceful and non violent weapon which is capable to get rid 300 millions of African people from exploitation of billions of dollars which is drained to giant maize millers.
Big scale maize milling costs heavily to the society. Maize costing US $100/ when goes to the consumer as maize flour through large scale maize millers, it is costing at least US $ 140 to 150/-. So value addition in large scale maize milling is 40 % at least. But if maize milling is done at the consumers point by custom milling, value added will be only 10% i.e. maize worth US $ 100/ when converted into maize flour will cost US $ 110/- only. So 30% cost will be reduced by decentralized maize milling and that entire benefit will go to the consumers directly. The total production of maize in Africa is 36 million tonnes. So total cumulative annual benefit to the people of Africa will run into huge figure of billions of dollars. So you can imagine the benefitting capacity of tiny maize mill to the common masses.IT IS REALLY REVOLUTIONARY.
FUTILITY OF BIG MAIZE MILLS
Big, giant and complicated machinery for maize milling is not at all necessary:
- It creates and encourages the following evils:
- It increases unnecessary transport of maize and also of maize flour.
- It unnecessarily adds to the demand of highways and vehicles.
- It unnecessarily complicates distribution system involving whole sellers, retailers, big stores, super markets etc.
- It unnecessarily involves costly packaging, advertising, publicity etc.